10.04.2009

Mathisen Family Reunion at Pacific Beach



We had a wonderful time this weekend spending some time together as a family (the Mathisens, Nelsens, Ulms, Sherrills, Jessens and Morger)...we met my Grandpa John's cousin's granddaughters and their children. So fun!

Hangin' on the chilly October beach (but we had some awesome sun, too), family meals, hot dice, a bonfire, and Uncle Rick's famous popcorn. We also made it over to Ocean Shores for not one but TWO rounds of miniature golf.


The Sunset on Saturday in Pacific Beach


I think we were packing...or close to packing for the trip.


Dylan just LOVED Jack, my Uncle Rick's dog. Played with him, and laid down on the floor just like him...helped him play fetch by catching the stick for him and putting it in Jack's mouth.


Gettin' wet.


Uncle Rick and Byran took the kids down to the beach while Aunt Dana, Olivia and I went into Ocean Shores...


The Fab...Three. Hold off, evildoers! My cousins will getcha. ;)


My wonderful Auntie Dana.


Grant looks like he's using his club as a mask.


Dylan playing miniature golf. Where he scored not one, but TWO holes in one! After which he lost interest in the game.



Rach on the green...

There were so many photographs in my camera, I couldn't put them all in this blog. It was SO GREAT to get to know the Jessen side of our family, and to spend some time with Grandpa John & Shirley. We do not see them often enough! I hope we are able to visit with them again very, very soon.

The moon looked pretty awesome Saturday night.


The hardest part of the trip was missing Grandma. But, it felt like she was with us. Well, she was with us. I was given my very own "box of Grandma"...well, I decided to take my part to the beach. I decided she would appreciate this view for her part of eternity.


Rhianna is keeping her part of her Great-Grandma with her always.


It was harder than I thought it would be. It was kind of like letting her go, but keeping her with me all at once. I will always think of her when I go to Ocean Shores, because some part of her will always be there. Literally. I swear...on a box of Grandma.

No comments: