We just celebrated Rachel's ELEVENTH birthday. On that special day we threw her a little par-tay...just a little one. Some cake, some relatives, a few gifts and a few laughs...

I'm pretty sure her fave gift was one her dad gave her. The oh-so-coveted DC hat.

Peace out? Nah, Ryan Seacrest. Just peace.

The special candle in the middle plays "Happy Birthday", which I didn't bother setting in case we were out of tune. We're not exactly the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But, we can belt out a few rounds of Happy Birthday (we have lots of practice around here!).

Bruddah n' Sistah...too cute!

Tom n' Te

This was right before things got REALLY UGLY. Rachel is shakin' her can of silly string.

Now, we're not sure what happened. But, Uncle Dave has the situation well in hand. Dylan was hurt, he was crying...and I just stood there and took pictures of my crying son. For posterity. (Does anyone NOT have pictures of their kids crying?! At least ONE?!)

Yes, that is my adorable, handsome husband hamming it up for the camera with his brother. Who is holding Oliver, our cat. I mean, our dog. Haha... he's little and he sleeps a lot. Seriously.

This is Grandpa Tom getting creamed by a coupla toddlers. I mean, they are gettin' down. Gettin' dirty.

Smack! Right in the cheek. And it's funny. It really, really is.

Oof! Head right in the chin. Owww... Sorry, Grandpa. I guess that's just the way it goes with a couple of rambunctious grandsons.

Aww...

Byran and Mary chillin'.

This is the only evidence that Rhianna was present. See the ink? On her hand...yep, that's her. It's her trademark pen-work on one of her appendages.

Well, it was a fun evening. Injuries sustained notwithstanding. Rachel began her eleventh year with a fun, fun memory and for my darling girl, I hope it is a wonderful year. I also want to thank the Nelsens, Eppersons and Wilkinson for making it so special for my girl. That was sooo sweet. We love you guys!
So, that was our late Wednesday night birthday surprise. An impromptu special time for my special little girl.
1 comment:
happy barfday rachel. tho i think it's a little late...
Post a Comment